The 2017 residents survey said 90% of respondents indicated that they were satisfied with their local area as a place to live, This was an increase since 2014 (87%).
Supporting our Community Centres
- We have maintained support for our local community centres.
Enhancing and investing in our library network -
- We have not closed any libraries.
- All our libraries have had investment to improve services and can be accessed for longer each day.
Protecting communitiy identity
- We have continued to recognise the need for maintaining each community’s own identity and separation from each other within our local plan.
Improving our rail service
- We continued to drive for improvements in the Reading to Waterloo train services and prevented the downgrading of Martins Heron station.
Securing extra investment
- We have won over £20m in government funding for local transport initiatives such as at Coral Reef on A322, the dualing of the A329 Downshire Way, and for the future A3095 improvements.
Working with Partners
- Working with organisations like Silva Homes we have provided 271 additional parking spaces.
Better Bus Servies
- We have introduced evening and Sunday Bus services on Council funded routes.